On Friday April 22, Pacific Northwest Ballet held their Friday performance of Coppélia at McCaw Hall, followed by their Spring to Life Backstage Bash party. Each year, the Backstage Bash is hosted by PNB’s Young Patrons Circle, a group of ballet lovers in their 20s and 30s, devoted to cultivating young ballet audiences.
Following the performance of Coppélia, members of the Young Patrons Circle and excited party-goers were ushered downstairs to queue for entrance to the Backstage Bash. The crowd had a different vibe from the traditional ballet audience. These young, stylish adults were going to step into the wings and be on the very stage they watched the performance. The wings turned into drapery, the scenery transformed into decor, but the light booms remained so you could imagine what it looked like a few minutes ago as the curtain fell after the show.
As guests fill the backstage, the PNB dancers emerged from their dressing rooms glammed up after being on stage a few moments ago! Acrobatic performers are dispersed throughout the room from the School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts (SANCA) that had the guests engaged (and slightly nervous) with their feats. Everyone danced the night away–sans pointe shoes–to DJed beats on the McCaw Hall stage itself.
The ballet and its after party were filled to the brim with artistic and appealing Seattleites, and it was lovely to see such a young crowd so passionately engaged.
If you’re a ballet fan between 21 and 39, consider joining the Young Patrons Circle. Members range from dancers to ballet lovers to arts enthusiasts, creating a wonderful network of creative, community-minded people. Members enjoy discounted tickets, access to an exclusive lounge during intermissions and special parties during the season.
Benefits of Membership
- 20% off tickets to regular repertory performances (six per season)
- Hosted pre-performance and intermission lounges with complimentary wine & chocolate
- Hosted post-performance reception at Ten Mercer with complimentary food and drinks
- Exclusive invitations to YPC social events like our Scene Shop Tour, George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker™ Reception, and Backstage Bash
- Subscription to High Pointes, PNB’s email newsletter
- YPC members receive up to 40% off by purchasing a YPC subscription (Series F)